Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Caramel Apples on the Grill

It is still warm enough here where I can grill and not freeze to death! BUT I know some of you reading and wanting to hurt me for saying that! :O) But here's a recipe where all you have to do is, turn the grill on, put the apples on and let it go for about 20-30 minutes! I put both burners on half-way. Then let it go.
It is that time of year where our mouths are watering for caramel apples and anything that has to do with apples! Its Fall, no matter where you live!!! :O)



My "helper" wanted to eat the caramels and not put them in the foil! It sure was tempting! (ok so we split one!)



My helper who was happy after I gave her one! :O)



All done! Can't you just smell them? Look at all that caramel goodness?!?!


Grilled Caramel Apples

5 medium apples (any kind, I used Gala, but Honeycrisp or Granny Smith would be super good!)
1 bag caramels, un-wrapped

Get 2 pieces of foil and put them in the shape of an X. Clean, cut, core, and slice your apples in the middle of that X. Dump all the caramels over the top of the apples. (go ahead, eat one for yourself!!!) Put just a little bit of water in the bottom of the foil before closes, just so it won't stick. Fold it all up so it's completely closed, no steam to escape! Throw it on the grill for 20-30 min, just depends on how "crispy" you want your apples!

*This would be GREAT served with ice cream or whipped topping!
Also, add more apples if you need, this served us all (5) with none leftover! Just be sure to add more caramels!!!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness, that looks so DELICIOUS! Will have to give this recipe a whirl for sure :)
    Jen :)

    ReplyDelete