Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Morning Glory Smoothie

Oh my goodness! This was one MESSY smoothie! Ok, well, maybe messy isn't the right word? Ok, let me try this again... Once my kids had drank a few sips THROUGH a straw, one of them smiled at me! So I smiled back, but then I did a double take... I said, open your mouth and let me see your teeth. So she did, and oh my, all of my kiddos teeth were PURPLE!!!!!! I kid you not! It was too funny! I am kinda glad that it wasn't a church day, it took a couple extra minutes of scrubbing their teeth to get them to look good! But, ya know what, it was all worth it!


This recipe also has 3 ingredients you don't have to add if you don't want, or don't have them. Honestly, I only had the one ingredient and that's because I got it from the Amish Farmer's Market to try it!



Place orange, yogurt, cranberry juice, frozen blueberries, frozen banana, and optional ingredients, bee pollen granules, shelled hemp seeds, lecithin granules in blender or Vitamix

Here are my bee pollen granules. I got these at the Amish Farmer's market this summer! In all honesty, this is the first time I am using them! Either using this or local honey will help with your allergies.



It's a bit pricey, but it's not like you eat the whole jar in one sitting! ;) I am sure I will go through this all and ready for some more this spring! I am so ready to plant a garden and go to some Farmer's Market... Ok, getting to the recipe.... ;)




Morning Glory Smoothie


1/2 to 1 orange
1 cup plain yogurt
10 oz cranberry juice
3/4 - 1 cup frozen blueberries, unsweetened
1 frozen banana
1/2 teaspoon bee pollen granules (optional)
1/2 teaspoon shelled hemp seeds (optional)
1/2 teaspoon lecithin granules (optional)
Place all ingredients into the Vitamix or blender.
Select Variable 1, turn machine on and quickly increase to speed 10 and then to high. Blend of 30 seconds or until desired consistency.

*It took a bit longer than 30 seconds.
You can use pomegranate juice instead of cranberry.
I think I added a bit more than one cup frozen blueberries.
Don't feel like you have to add those last 3 ingredients, I just did the bee pollen.
Pretty easy and tasty!! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment