Thursday, April 19, 2012

Black Bean Tortilla Pizza

I made this for lunch, and it was YUMMY!!!  I wanted to add some frozen corn to it and totally forgot, next time!  ;)

This was SUPER easy!!

I took a can of black beans, drained and rinsed them off, threw them in my small Pampered Chef batter bowl...  I then added one tomato, half a green pepper, 2 minced garlic cloves, and then sprinkled on some lemon juice, and a little bit of our favorite hot sauce.  Since it was mainly for the kids, I didn't add too much hot sauce.  ;)

I didn't measure the lemon juice either, but it was just a tiny bit...

I mixed it all up and put on a tortilla and threw in oven at 350 degrees for no more than 15 minutes!  It made the tortilla nice and crispy!

Like I said, I wanted to add corn, and I think jalapeno pepper and onions would be a good mix to add to it as well!

Oh, I shredded some Monterrey jack cheese on top too...  not a ton, just enough to give off a bit of flavor.

The kids wolfed it down and I must admit, it was pretty yummy!

So give it a try, super easy, could work for supper or lunch!  just add a few things to make it more filling for supper, or make sure you make enough!  I only made enough for one for each of my kids...  next time I'll make sure to make 2 for each!!!  :)  Easy and cheap, what more do you want?  ;)  Oh, and tasty!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment