Friday, November 25, 2011

Banana Chocolate "Ice Cream"

I don't know about you, but after a major holiday, I want to eat healthy, but yet, I am still craving something sweet...  Usually in the form of ice cream...  ;)

Well, this ice cream is HEALTHY, but do NOT let anyone know, ok?

This seriously has 4 ingredients, and they are all ingredients that you can say, and you probably have them all on hand too.  ;)

This is soooo easy!  I made it in my Vita Mix, but I am pretty sure a high powered blender or food processor would work just as well.

I always buy a LOT of bananas, usually more than we need, so once they start getting a bit brown, I peel them, cut them in half and put in a baggie and throw them in the freezer.  Easy to grab for when I make smoothies, or banana milkshakes (also healthy...  ;)).  But now, I can add this to my list of things to do with my frozen bananas!

I don't have an actual real recipe...  I've seen some online, but I don't follow recipes...  That can get me in trouble sometimes, but not this time!  ;)  You really can't go wrong with this!  You can also omit the peanut butter, for those of you who are allergic or don't like, but I highly suggest you try it with peanut butter if you can!  ;)

So here's what I did:

Banana Peanut Butter Chocolate Ice Cream



3 frozen banana's
1/4-1/2 cup milk
coca powder (totally up to you how much...  ;))
peanut butter (again, totally up to you how much ;))

Blend all ingredients in Vita Mix or high powered blender or food processor til nice and creamy, like the consistency of soft serve ice cream.

Eat right away and enjoy!  :)

See, really easy, and healthy!
You could use rice or almond milk..  You can use sunflower butter instead of peanut butter... 
I love this because I can give it to my kids and tell them they are eating ice cream...  Healthy and good, and hits the spot!  ;)



My lil man digging in!  ;)

Look how good this looks!!  It's sooooooo good!!!!!!!!!!  :)  It's got the consistency of "real" ice cream too!  ;)
 Haha, I love how his mouth is WIDE open!!  ;)

They sure do LOVE ice cream!
Seriously enjoying EVERY bite!!!  ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment