Monday, October 17, 2011

Frosty



This is by NO means healthy!  BUT, it's really good!  There really are only 3 ingredients, 4 if you count ice.  I found a recipe like this on pinterest, but I did it a bit differently.

I used my Vita-mix, but you don't need a vita-mix to make this, jsut a blender that does a good job at chopping ice!  ;)

The kids LOVED this!  Ok, I'm not gonna lie, I LOVED it!  It's been soooo long since I had a "real" Wendy's frosty, I don't remember how they taste, but when I took a bite of this, I thought it tasted pretty much like the real deal!  ;)

The first time I made this, I added enough ice to make it thick.  I used my Vita-Mix for this.  I just added all the ingredients and added enough ice that I thought would make it thick enough.  It was a little bit on the soft side, but it still tasted REALLY good!

I just made this for our small group and did everything the same, but I put it in the freezer to firm up a bit more.  It took about 3-4 hours to get the right consistency of the frosty.  But it also depends on how much ice you put in it. But it was PERFECT!  Everyone really liked it, so I guess it passed!  ;)

Frosty

can of sweetened condensed milk
half a gallon of chocolate milk
1 container of cool whip or off brand, or whatever you buy!  ;)  (it can be frozen or defrosted)
Ice (I used crushed ice, yes, I think you should use crushed ice too, if you don't have it, just make sure your blender is on long enough to crush it all!  :))

Poor in half a can of sweetened condensed milk, half of the half gallon of chocolate milk, and the whole container of cool whip.

Blended until nice and smooth.  Dump out half of the mixture (or if your blender won't hold that much, just do what it will hold! :)) and dump in the same amount of ice.  For example, I had 2 cups worth of yumminess, so I added AT LEAST 2 cups of crushed ice.  Blend until smooth, or the consistency you want!  And EAT!!!!!!  :)  I'm pretty sure towards the end I added a bit more chocolate milk to get the consistency just right!  Again, it's kind of a trial and error!  ;)
(Don't forget to mix up the rest, OR you can put it back in the cool whip container and place in freezer until ready to use for the next time!  ;))
I do recommend putting it in the freezer for a few hours, I personally think it tastes better!  ;)

So for one can of sweetened condensed milk, a half gallon of chocolate milk and 2 containers of cool whip, I made enough to serve at least 20 people!  I think I put in a total of maybe 6 bucks into the whole thing and it fed that many people! Pretty good!  I think it's cheaper than a real frosty!  If you really want to, make sure you bring home a cup and spoon from Wendy's, then place your home made frosty in that cup! ;)  Also, don't forgot the Wendy's fries to dip in the frosty!  YUMMY!! Man, I really wish I had the ingredients to make one because I'm getting myself really hungry for one!  :)

Enjoy!  Let me know if you make this and if you did anything different!  Honest opinions here, I can take it!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment