Saturday, September 3, 2011

Homemade Laundry Soap

I know, this is a LOOOOONG time coming and I'm so sorry! I am seriously trying to catch up, just hope I can stick to it! :)

A lot of people were asking for this recipe and I wanted to use it for a little bit before posting it, and I have, I've used a whole batch already and I love it!

There is another recipe that I want to try and will be getting the castile soap to make a batch for next week, so once I see how that works, will post it too, but will prob give it a week or so... ;)

Anyways... here's the long awaited SUPER easy home made laundry soap! :)

I should also mention that I have a front load HE washer and this stuff works GREAT with it! The soap you use in this recipe is a low sudsing soap, the kind you need for the HE washers. Now, I don't add that much soap, mine has a line to fill it too, and I probably fill it at the half way mark before the line. If that makes any sense? ;)


Homemade Laundry Soap

2 Gallons hot water
1 bar soap (grated)
2 cups baking SODA

Melt grated soap in a saucepan with enough water to cover. Cook on medium -low heat stirring frequently until soap is melted.

In a large pail, pour 2 gallons hot water. Add melted soap and stir well.

Then add the baking soda, stir well again.

This next time I make it, I'm going to put it in my big huge massive container that I had. I used to buy in bulk at BJ's, so I rinsed that out, and added the new homemade stuff. Like I said, I am going to make a powder version to try it out and see how I like it, then I'll put that in an empty ice cream container that has a lid.

Oh, for the soap, I got a 3 pack Ivory kind for under $2. Then the baking soda is one box, which is also under $1. I honestly can't remember how long this lasted, but for a good while! It's so cheap and the kids enjoyed helping me make it!

I don't have any pictures for this, but it's really easy! Any questions, don't hesitate to ask! :)
Let me know if you try it and how you like it! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment