Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Corn Confetti Quesadillas



LOVE the colors in this!  Not only does it look pretty and good, it tastes good!  :)

This is something that you could easily make a big batch of and just keep the extras in the freezer for a really quick and easy meal when you are short on time or just don't feel like cooking!  :)

The ingredients in this is probably items that you have all the time, and if not, they are REALLY easy and cheap to get!  I don't know about you, but I like easy and cheap!  ;)  But yet, it has to taste good!  ;)

I don't have an after picture because when I cooked these, my husband was out of town on a missions trip and he had the camera, and all I had was my phone, so this is the only picture I got!  I was to lazy to take pics as I went, but really, this is soooo easy!


Corn Confetti Quesadillas

2 cups fresh or frozen corn (I sued a frozen mixed, as in yellow and white, sweet corn, yummy!)
1 tablespoon butter
1/2 red bell pepper, diced
1/2 green pepper, diced
1/2 onion, diced
8 (9-10 inch) flour or wheat tortillas
8 oz Monterey Jack cheese, shredded

Heat skillet to medium-high heat, butter, corn, onions, and pepper and cook for 8-10 minutes, or until the onion is translucent.  Take out of skillet and wipe the skillet clean.

Lay 4 tortillas on counter and place 1/3 cup cheese on each one, then about 1/2 - 3/4 veggies on top of cheese, then add another 1/3 cup cheese.

Place tortilla in skillet, then place one of the remaining tortillas on top, press down with spatula to get out air pockets.  Cook until lightly browned and flip, do the same, cook until lightly browned.

Repeat until done...

Cut into wedges and serve immediately.

My kids also gobbled these down!  I think they ate 2 each of this one too!  ;)  Like I said, I think I am going to make a big batch of this and just put in freezer...  It will be easy enough to break apart what I need. 

I used the leftovers for a breakfast the next morning...  will have that posted tomorrow, so stay tuned!  ;)

Let me know if you made this, any changes, and how you liked it!

Oh, I remember what I did for mine, I didn't have enough cheese for all of them, so I put Pepper Jack cheese on mine, boy was it good and that extra kick!  Yummy!!!  :)

I should also mention, that I HARDLY EVER measure, so these are more like guesses...  If it seems like too much, then back off a bit, but if it isn't enough, add more!  You can't hurt it!  ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment