Thursday, January 27, 2011

Going Green Smoothie



Boy is this GREEN!!!!!!!!!!! The greener it is, the more my kiddos wanna drink it!! :)

This dif has a shot of spinach in it to keep you going! I sure needed that this morning! Wait, who am I kidding, I need it EVERY morning, I could use another by lunch time as well!!! ;)

Super easy and super yummy and super healthy! On days that you need something fast, fix a smoothie! You could even fix a nice breakfast and drink it with it! ;) I made this this morning with the creamy baked oatmeal. The kids LOVED both!!!

This recipe called for fresh pineapple, but I didn't have any. So I had bought a bag of it at Aldi's, so that's what I used.... It still tasted good, and this frozen stuff was almost like eating it fresh!




All the ingredients in my Vitamix ready to go! Again, you can use a regular blender!




Once again, I mixed it up and totally forgot to take a pic of it in a cup! Oh well... Here's the finished product! ;)


Going Green Smoothie

1 cup water
1 cup fresh pineapple (I didn't have any fresh pineapple, so I used frozen, worked just fine!!!)
1 medium banana
2-3 cups fresh wash spinach
1/2-1 cup ice cubes (depends on how thick you want it!)

Place all ingredients in Vitamix of blender in the order listed. If using Vitamix, place speed to variable 1, then turn to 10 quickly, then to high. Blend until the consistency you want it.

Enjoy! Super delish if you ask me!!! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment