Friday, November 26, 2010

Homemade Noodles


These are so good and actually pretty easy to make! Sometimes when you hear "homemade" it makes you all paranoid and then there is this block in your brain where it won't let you think or even try to do it! But let me tell you, these really are easy! Only a few ingredients too!
Just make it in the morning and in the evening, they are ready! You could even make them the nite before and will be ready for you at supper the next day! I like to make them the nite before, but this time, it got to late, so I made them right after I got the kids their breakfast...

I love to make these with chicken, mashed potatoes, and corn. I usually cook my chicken in a big pot, then use the chicken stock to cook the noodles. When the noodles are about done, I add the cut up, or torn, chicken. Super delish!

You can also use whole wheat flour to make these. You may not need as much flour if using whole wheat.... I haven't tried to use whole wheat yet, but prob will! :)


3 eggs, slightly beaten


2 cups flour


mix it all up...


I mix it up by hand... It's better that way! ;)


Put dough on slightly floured surface...


And roll out. You can roll it as thin or thick as you like. In all honesty, I can not tell you how thick I roll mine, I just do it! :) After it's rolled, just use a butter knife and slice it. Again, it's up to you on how thick or thin you want them! :)


Lay out on a wax or foil covered pan, cookie sheet. (I ran out of waxed paper, so I had to use foil..)


Bring your chicken broth or water to a boil and place your noodles in the pan

While the noodles are cooking, cut up, tear or shred your chicken


Here's the completed meal! Corn, Mashed potatoes and noodles with chicken!



YUMMY!!!!!!!!!!! :oP




Here's my littlest eating the noodles, he LOVED them!!

*Like I said at the top, you can use whole wheat noodles if you want.
You don't have to cook it in chicken broth, you can just use water if you want... I just cook my chicken, then take out the chicken and then cook the noodles in the broth. Super delish!
You may also need to add a little bit of water... sometimes I add about 1 teaspoon of water, just depends if I add more flour than I thought! I don't always measure... ;)
Let me know what you think!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment