Monday, September 6, 2010

Easy Mac and Cheese Dinner




Yes, I am on a mac and cheese kick! It's easy and fast... Ok, maybe not the most healthy, but I got the whole wheat noodles, so that makes it somewhat healthy, right? And again, I'm gonna say it again, sometimes you need something fast and easy! ;)

For this, I just added a few extra things to make it more, um, filling I guess you could say! ;)

Most of these things you will have on hand... And if you don't have one of something, don't add it, it's ok! It will still turn out!


Ok, I kinda take that back, if you don't have the milk to make the mac and cheese, then that might be a fail! Know what I mean? ;)


(ok, maybe I stop thinking and just start writing out the recipe?)


Make the mac and cheese like it says on the box


Yummy, cheese fried onions!! :) LOVE Aldi's!!! :)

Then regular too!!! :)


No, I didn't open the can upside down! I should get some money from Del Monte!!! heeheee!!! I just added some Italian seasoning to the tomatoes. I am cheap, so I just add my own spices instead of buying the Italian kind! ;)


There is the mac and cheese ready to go....


Add 1 pound ground beef, 1 small onion


I can diced tomatoes with the Italian seasoning


1 cup shredded cheddar cheese


Stir it all up!


Add 1/2 cup french fried onions, I added the cheese ones first....


Put it in an 8x8 baking dish, cover and bake for 30 minutes


When done, sprinkle regular french fried onions over the top and serve! YUMMY!!!!!!! :)




Easy Mac and Cheese Dinner

2 boxes Mac and Cheese (and ingredients to make it)
1 pound ground beef (or turkey) browned and drained
1 small red onion
1 can diced tomatoes with Italian Seasoning (about 1-2 teaspoons)
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
About 1 cup french fried onions (can be cheese or regular or both!), divided

Make mac and cheese according to the box. When done, add the ground beef, onion, diced tomatoes, cheddar cheese and 1/2 cup french fried onions. Mix all together, place into an 8x8 backing dish. Cover with foil and bake at 350degrees for 30 minutes, or until heated through. Sprinkle with the remaining french fried onions and serve!

*You don't have to add that much meat, or omit it if you want.
You don't need to use 1 cup shredded cheese, you can add half that, or add a different kind of cheese.
Also, I used cheddar friend onions inside the casserole and sprinkled regular ones over the top when done baking.
I served this with green beans. It was a HIT!!! We all loved it!! If you double this, you can place half of it in a freezer safe container and reheat when needed! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment