Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Thai Chicken Salad



In all honesty, I was a bit unsure about this. Especially after I tried a small bit of the coleslaw before I added the chicken. I was like oh man, no one is gonna like this stuff! Oh well, here goes!

But you know what? I was surprised! By the time you add the chicken and the chow mien noodles, it was sooo good! All the kiddos loved it and wanted more!

This is SUPER easy!

I also used my left over grilled chicken that I had, so that made it even easier!


Coleslaw mix with the sliced peppers... Pour salad dressing over top and mix


This is the peanut sauce I used. But I made a note at the bottom for those who are allergic to peanuts, that way they can enjoy this too! :)


Peanut sauce over my cooked, cut up chicken


Chow Mien Noodles on top, ready to eat!


Thai Chicken Salad

1 16 oz package cole slaw mix
1/3 cup sesame ginger salad dressing
2 cups cubed cooked chicken
1/2 cup Thai peanut sauce
1 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
1/2 cup chow mien noodles

In a large bowl, combine coleslaw mix and salad dressing. Combine chicken and peanut sauce; place over coleslaw mixture. Top with red pepper and noodles. Serve immediately.

*I just put the coleslaw, red pepper and salad dressing in a bowl, mixed it up. Then I put the cut up chicken in another small bowl and stirred it up. Then dump the chicken in the coleslaw, mix it up. Then add the chow mien noodles.
I let the kids add more noodles to theirs. ;)
I am also thinking you can substitute Soy Nut butter or Sunflower butter for this instead. Would need to add maybe a bit of water or some type of liquid to make it just a TAD thinner... But that way if you have a peanut allergy you could still try it! :)
ENJOY!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment