Friday, June 11, 2010

Veggies on the Grill




This is SUPER easy and oh so delish!!! You could do this a couple different ways, you could put them in the oven, grill or int he skillet.
I did it on the grill because I had corn and sausages to go with it.
I also had fresh yellow and green zucchini that I had gotten at the Farmer's Market, then I had bought some mushrooms and carrots. I then seasoned it with a bit of coconut oil and then my new awesome find, Adobo spice.


This is the Adobo spice. You can either get it WITH or WITHOUT pepper! I chose the with pepper, only because there were hardly any left, so I figured the one with pepper was better? YUMMY! You MUST go buy some of this, it is soooo good! :D

Cut up veggies with the Adobo spice and coconut oil


Zip up the top, then grab it and shake it!


2 pieces of foil in a "X"


Dump the veggies on the foil, right in the middle


Look at that, yummy! Coconut oil and Adobo spice....


Fold up 2 ends


then fold the bottom up


then fold up the other end


The veggies cooked and ready to eat, yummy!!!!


Our supper, 2 healthy things and one not so healthy...


Close up of the veggies




I only used one green and yellow zucchini, about 10 baby carrots, and 6 mushrooms. Use as much as you need, or omit on of the veggies.

Wash and pat dry all veggies, thinly slice all of them, place in a gallon size baggie, add 3 tablespoons of coconut oil and sprinkle Adobo spice in there. Zip it up and shake til it's all mixed up.

(you can use olive oil in place of the coconut oil. I just try to use coconut oil in everything, it's so much healthier than regular oil. Sure butter and oil are bad, but this is best you can get! Go try it! If you live near Shipshewana, go to E @ S Sales and you can get a gallon jug for 11 bucks! Or go to the store and get a small jar for 7 bucks if you don't live close! OR you can let me know if you want some and can pick up a gallon for you when I go out there in July!)

Lay 2 pieces of foil and make a "X" out of the foil. Place your veggies in the foil and then fold up one side, then fold up the other. (See pics on how to fold)

I heated the grill to med-high heat, placed it on the grill for about 20 minutes. Brought it and it was PERFECT!!!!! The Adobo spice just added just enough to make it POP!! We all loved it and can't wait to try it again on something else! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment